Build The Ultimate Bathroom Cleaning Kit
September 13, 2022 | General
In the cleaning industry, there are tons of tricks of the trade that make house cleaning easier, more efficient, and overall more enjoyable. One of Squeaky Clean‘s favorite tips is to build specific cleaning kits for different parts of your home – that way, no matter where you are, you have everything you need to keep your space neat and tidy. Keep reading for an in-depth look at all of the tools, products, and supplies you need to build the ultimate bathroom cleaning kit.
Before you build your bathroom cleaning kit, it’s important to take note of the surfaces in your bathroom. Certain cleaning products can damage porous materials like stone and marble, so do your research before buying new products. It’s also wise to spot-test new cleaning products on small areas of your bathroom before applying them to the rest of the area to make sure no discoloration or damage occurs.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is great at getting rid of unwanted odors, stubborn soap scum, and rust stains in the bathroom. Baking soda is mildly abrasive but gentle enough to be used on most surfaces and can be just as effective as commercial cleaners, especially when used with distilled white vinegar.
- Dish Soap – Soap scum accumulates in our bathtubs and showers, and it can be tough to get rid of. Dish soap is great at fighting oil, grease, and grime, and is gentle enough to be used on porous materials and enamel bathroom fixtures.
- Distilled Water: If you struggle with hard water stains on your shower walls and door, fill up a small bottle with distilled water and keep it in your bathroom cleaning kit. After you clean, rinse your shower with distilled water to keep hard water stains from reappearing.
- Distilled White Vinegar: Distilled white vinegar is helpful for eliminating bacteria, mineral deposits, and general grime that accumulates in the bathroom. Use distilled white vinegar to clean everything from your shower head to the tracks of sliding shower doors.
- Glass Cleaner: Useful for glass shower doors, faucets, and mirrors alike, a small bottle of glass cleaner will go a long way in your bathroom cleaning kit.
- Shower/Tub Cleaner: While dish soap, baking soda, and other cleaning products can help to clean your shower and tub, you may find that they aren’t enough to get rid of soap scum, hard water stains, and other stubborn grime in and around your shower and bathtub.
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner: There are many different types of toilet bowl cleaners available on the market today. Different types of cleaners will target different problems, like hard water stains, toilet rings, and unpleasant odors. Natural and organic cleaners offer an effective cleaning solution without the use of harsh chemicals like bleach and are safer for use around children and animals.
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths: Keep a stack of microfiber cleaning cloths in your bathroom cleaning kit – they’re perfect for polishing faucets and fixtures, cleaning up messes, and so much more. Simply toss the dirty microfiber cloths into your washing machine with a small amount of bleach to disinfect them after every use.
- Melamine Sponges: Melamine sponges, like the Magic Eraser, work like an extremely fine piece of sandpaper, scrubbing dirt, grease, and grime out from even the smallest grooves and notches. Melamine sponges can help get rid of tough stains on walls, and are one of our favorite tools to keep in a bathroom cleaning kit.
- Scrub Brushes: A couple of scrub brushes with different bristles are the perfect addition to your bathroom cleaning kit. A soft-bristled scrub brush like an old toothbrush is a great tool for cleaning grout in the bathroom, while a scrub brush with a more firm bristle can be used to clean stubborn hard water, rust, or soap scum stains from your toilet, tub, and shower.
- Reusable Rubber Gloves: It’s best to use thick rubber gloves when cleaning to protect your skin from harsh chemicals. Wearing gloves while cleaning also minimizes your contact with dirt and grime, and can help you have a stronger grip on items when you’re working in a wet, slippery environment. . Find a high-quality pair of washable, reusable cleaning gloves and keep them stocked in your bathroom cleaning kit. Just be sure to properly clean and disinfect the gloves after every use!
- Convenient & Portable Organization: Look for a sturdy carrying caddy or small bin that is separated into multiple different sections. This offers you more ways to organize your bathroom cleaning kit and will help to keep things organized in the future.
Having everything you need within arm’s reach makes cleaning your bathroom so much easier, but it’s still a chore that many don’t enjoy. Let Squeaky Clean help! Give us a call today and our professionally trained and friendly cleaning technicians will keep your bathroom (and the rest of your home) sparkling clean without you having to lift a finger.